Ability Care Partners solely provides PCA Choice services, a program offered by the Minnesota Department of Human Services that gives people with disabilities the option to recruit, manage and supervise their own PCA’s in partnership with a PCA Choice Provider. The PCA Choice program was created specifically for people who can and want to fully manage their own PCA staff themselves (or with their Responsible Party).
We partner with consumers to make PCA Choice services as simple as we can through the use of technology and clear instructions each step of the way!
PCA Choice vs. Traditional Agencies
People with disabilities often turn to a traditional Personal Care Assistant or Home Health Care Agency to recruit, train and supervise their PCA’s. With a traditional agency, an individual often has little or no control over who works with them in this very personal and essential area of their life. To provide their services, the agency endures higher weekly expenses and thus the PCA’s generally receive a lower wage, often resulting in a fairly high employee turnover rate.
Some people with disabilities need an agency to hire, train, schedule and supervise their personal care for them, which is why traditional PCA agencies are present for those who need that assistance.
The PCA Choice option is intended for those who are capable of directing every aspect of their care situation (with the guidance of their PCA Choice Provider), including having an adequate back-up PCA support system in place.
Our PCA Choice Partnership
We partner with our consumers as joint-employers of their PCA Choice staff. We are dedicated to working with our consumers to create an agency which meets their needs. We offer as much guidance as possible within the PCA Choice program regulations.
Our consumer partners focus on finding, selecting, training and managing their own PCA Choice staff. We do not send out PCA staff to work for you. With PCA Choice, you bring us the people you want to work with you!
As your MN PCA Choice Provider, we handle the necessary fiscal / administrative / employer duties such as:
• Processing & payment for required NETStudy 2.0 background studies
• PCA Employee Hiring / On-boarding
• Individual PCA Provider enrollment documentation
• Human Resources Services
• Online Payroll & Employee Tax withholding
• Business insurance, liability bonds, unemployment insurance and worker’s compensation Insurance
• Time-keeping / Record-keeping
• Medicaid Billing
• Documentation, Audits, Government & Labor Compliance
• Bi-annual required in-home consumer supervision visits with our partner Qualified Professional RN.
Our operations team has years of first-hand experience in the care-giving service industry, allowing us to know and utilize every option and resource available. We go the extra mile to build a great partnership with our clients!
Advantages of our Partnership
We offer many advantages to consumer partners as we work together to ensure quality care:
- Competitive wages starting at $12/hr
- Full Access to our resourceful web site;
- Online Hiring Forms with secure digital signatures;
- Paperwork available in fillable PDF format so you can type in form fields fast and easy;
- Our custom-made Enhanced PCA Timesheet which you can type in the shifts and have total hours calculated automatically;
- Fair timelines to complete timesheets and submit them by email or fax;
- Charitable donations to groups that our clients value and support
Have questions? We have answers to many common questions in our online FAQ. We also regularly check emails and are happy to answer your questions.
If you are interested in partnering with us, send us a message or call 612.868.3270!